View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #12
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD; Nexus 7 2013; PRS-950, 350; Kindle K; Galaxy S4; MBP 15".
Piper: I was just looking at the TuffLuv cover before leaving for BestBuy, since I'm not sure how I feel about the pleather (or whatever it is) on that $49.00 Sony cover with the light.

It's kind of adorable that you cover the silver glare with a little piece of velvet. Some day, perhaps we'll be able to train genetically enhanced miniature chinchillas to lie there just so.

Bookworm_Girl: I appreciate the tip on font substitution, since I, too, noticed I preferred the ones installed on the Kindle (and even the Nook). Generally, the Sony seems the most flexible and best-made ePub reader, which is why I was sad to find the silver so troubling.

Polly and B_G: The 650, too, was silver at my local BestBuy. I'm thinking of visiting the Sony Style store in midtown to see how I like the black option in person, and whether the increase in size and cost would prove worth it.

Poppaea: Wouldn't purchasing a blue 350 from Germany, as per your great suggestion, bring me perilously close to the cost of a 650 (unless, P., you're aware of a deal that would justify the additional shipping and so forth)? 350s can be had for $129 in the States, and the black 650's $229 at the mome. If the blue 350 turned out to be closer to $179 and then had expensive shipping and duties on top of that, wouldn't the total cost approach the 650's? Of course, if I did chance upon a used blue 350, or a 350 that truly cost $179 with no additional fees, I'd pick it up.

Fortissimo: I'd wager that virtually everyone on this thread would prefer their eInk screens to be as ivory-colored as a fresh printed page and the text to be even blacker. When a color eInk screen makes its way to the market, I'll be interested to see what happens to that background color.

Kartu: It makes me happy that I'm far from alone in my avoidance of silver, and I thank you for affirming that, but I'll have to pass on the idea of putting black tape on an expensive eReader with an attractive aluminum casement.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-13-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote