View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
VNC Client on a large format Android or Linux Device?

I know there are a ton of solid VNC apps for Linux so I am wondering is anyone using a Xoom or Tab or any Android device of 10" or larger has tried a VNC client to connect to a Windows PC and run apps remotely to gain access to those apps when there is no and never will be an Android based analog of the needed app.

I also asked this in the Apple Devices section but figured it's not that spammy to also ask here given the OS difference.

I am even wondering if a rooted Nook color would be enough though it's CPU might not handle the overhead.

Not running graphic intensive app remotely but more of a vanilla Windows database app for the most part.

Any feedback based on experience with a current device would be really helpful.

thanks!
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote