View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by baliantas View Post
Hello,

My first post here. Hope I'm doing everything "according to the book"!

I've been using pdflrf for a while now, and although the results are not bad at all, I feel I need to have some more control. I'm hoping I can use Image Magick to do what pdflrf does, with the added advantage that I can adjust settings more easily.

Specifically, I want to be able to:
- review/modify the generated png files before compiling them into an ebook
- convert to epub instead of lrf

My workflow would be something like this:
- convert the pdf file to png
- get rid of the white margins (Image Magick does a wonderful job here)
- rotate 90 and resize the height so it's equal to the width of my ereader screen (Sony PRS-350)
- make chunks with dimensions that fit my ereader
- if text lines are broken, find a line that's completely white and split there instead (cf. "smart cut" in pdflrf)
- thicken the edges, to increase readability
- join pages (so I don't have pages with just a couple of lines on them, cf. pdflrf)
- compile to epub

This would be (mostly) the same workflow as in pdflrf...

Can this be done with Image Magick? (or another tool, perhaps)

Thanks,
Baliantas
Hi:

Try gscan2pdf (gscan2pdf.sourceforge.net), splits, joins, crops and rotates. Also, interfaces with unpaper (http://unpaper.berlios.de/) for blacl areas removal and deskewing.

Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote