View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #67
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
-snip rest of a great post-

Ignore them if you wish, but they are the library builders/heavy purchasers for the e-book product. Offend them at your own economic peril....
Exactly.

The ill-thought rudeness baffles me. Not only are ebook readers a massive segment of the market, but we terrible "digirati" are also the ones who have the ability to put your (speaking to the publishers - not you, Ralph, Sir. ) books out there - either to give free advertising as we recommend them to others, or to upload and share them.

In other words, your customers are people who only have to pay a dime if they choose to, out of their own desire to do right by you.

Yet the actions and messages of the publishers and their shills shows no reciprocation of that honor. Nothing but insults to customers' intelligence, characters, and the security of our investments.

Even if y'all can't manage to give us those things out of internal integrity, it's in your best interest to at least fake it. Remember: even if you only published in paper, the books still can be and are digitized and pirated.

Put bluntly, y'all are in no position to be so insulting. It would be wiser to befriend people who are holding your babies.

(And no - I wouldn't put a file on the darknet myself. It only takes one person, though.)

Last edited by Piper_; 04-02-2011 at 09:14 PM.