Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #79
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
Why do folks make such a big deal about simply hooking up the USB to transfer e-books?

I agree that this might have some value if you have books on a device that doesn't support a standard USB storage device interface, like some smart phones, where you just can't work it any other way, but other than that, for most of us who were born with opposable thumbs, it's really not that big of deal to plug in a simple USB cable.
I can answer this one . Some people are lazy .

I leave my kindle all over the house, and I manage my ebook collection on my laptop or desktop (both on a wifi network), both of which are in my bedroom.

When it comes time to add books to my kindle, it's often not in my bedroom. So, I email them to my free.kindle.com account and when I toddle across the house to my kindle and turn it on, a quick sync and I'm ready to go.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote