View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Simply seeing a candidate with an e-book reader wouldn't necessarily sway my vote, although it would certainly indicate a demonstrated appreciation for technology. Seeing them read an e-book on a laptop or PDA would work for me in the same way.

However, if the candidate showed that they do read e-books (whatever they read them on), and recounted their advantages in terms of practicality, portability, materials conservation, ease of use, etc, I would be impressed. That would indicate a better understanding of the real value of e-books, as well as an understanding of the digital world and how it is improving the rest of the world.

Based on the chart I linked to, I'd guess Barack Obama has a better understanding and appreciation of those issues than the other candidates' responses suggest. Being younger than the other candidates, and a family man, I'd think he has a strong understanding of computers and the digital world. If I expected to see any of them reading an e-book, or at least having a good knowledge of what they are, it would be him.

But have I seen any overt demonstration of a knowledge of technology above the others? No.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote