View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 AM   #43
lindsayw
Author from pBook days
lindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle-3-Keyboard; 8" Android Tablet
OK, that's probably right, but I use a 3-stage method of "building" e-books. First, using Anthemion eCub to assemble all the files in an ePub, then Sigil to modify the structure (and run their Validity Check) to remove the auto-generated TOC and hack the content.opf file, then finally Calibre to "explode" the ePub and make final adjustments before converting to MOBI for Kindle use. I know that files that fail HTML-5 validation also fail Sigil's validation and, when I view it on the Kindle there are subtle layout errors that I believe are created by "open" tags. When I make sure that all <a> tags are explicitly closed I don't get those errors.
lindsayw is offline   Reply With Quote