of course I do not
wish you disturbed sleep, Nyssa (at least not in that way - there are many more enjoyable ways for that)
But I'll give you my own ignorance as an example how the statement above was meant
having no pleasure in endless variations of:
- patriotic $hero saves the world again
- successfully beating the crap out of
- hippie/gay/green/whatever communist $aliens
- by his superiour use of $techbabble shiny weaponry
- built by his equally patriotic $nerdfriend in his garage/cellar (because the evil gov cut the money for military research)
I avoided everything labeled mil-SF for years.
Sadly this seems the biggest label
attached to the Vorkosigan Saga.
If it were not a lot of recommendations here pointing toother - far more important aspects of the plots background and characters - I'd still be ignoring a great stack of wonderful books...