View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 AM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Yes: a thing of beauty is a joy to behold.
Now to my grumbles (you thought I didn't have any? )
  • The OS X Sony Reader Library software doesn't recognize my PRS-600's internal storage. No reading borrowed books? ..
  • The amount of downloading I had to do for patches!
  • The display does come across very dark in late afternoon light coming home on the train. Fiddle with preferences time..
  • Why, oh why, can't I mount my SFTP through the Finder? The Finder seems to support ever protocol bar SFTP.. and I can't for one reason or another get Macfusion to do it.. and it's the only free option bar falling back on mucking around in the Terminal.. and why does the Terminal font look so ugly?..
  • Didn't quite realize it only has two USB ports.. but that should be fine. Unless I need more than 2 USB ports, that is.
  • I have to pay for XCode 4 now?
I usually find the most valuable critiques of products are from people who are very happy with their choice and can then list their criticisms of it.

Having set up my brother's iMac for him (after he had it boxed for 12 months) I appreciate that "patching" issue. I will say though that I still dread having to reinstall Windows XP when an SP1 CD is all that's available. The updates and rebooting required for that seem interminable (and for any Windows-watchers, note that I like XP. It fit me well in my former life, still does for dual-booting, and as OSX and varieties of Linux do now).

Sorry I can't help much with any of your grumbles. Unlike my former life, I'm strictly a simple end-user with Macs.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote