Originally Posted by willyloco
I did what you suggested (same as I did a few times before) but I used Notepad++ this time. It works like a charm.
Thanks a lot.
This sounds like the old issue with line termination between dos/windows and unix. The first uses CR and LF, while the latter just uses LF. So, midori may have been reading the CR as part of whatever comes after the '=' in the configuration file. I also remember that dos files use an end-of-file character as well, but the unix ones don't. Maybe Notepad++ is smart enough to recognize and use whatever the existing convention is in the file.