This plugin can be used to try to find the ISBN for a book using the text within a book format. It is intended as an alternative to various script based solutions to this problem posted in this thread
Main Features of v1.4.3
- Scans all formats for the selected book(s) in preferred input format order until an ISBN-13 or ISBN-10 is found
- Runs as a background job in Calibre, prompting you to update when the scanning is completed.
- Scans only the book content, excluding HTML tag markup.
- For PDF formats, scans only the first 10 pages, then if ISBN not found, the last 5 pages in reverse order.
- For other formats, scans files at the front, then a number of end files in reverse order before the remainder of the book.
- Restricts valid ISBN-13s to those that start with 977, 978 or 979. You can add additional prefixes in the configuration if required.
- Optionally perform a search when completed showing you only the books updated (default is off). Some users may use this to then perform a metadata download.
- Requires calibre v0.8.54 or later.
- As this runs in the background, you must be careful not to change the books being scanned while it is running. Changing the metadata such as title or author, deleting a book or performing a conversion will risk causing a problem. Restrict any editing to other books in your library while the scan is running and you will be fine.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to context menu or toolbar/restart calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!