View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
CharlieBird
┐Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7(2013), Galaxy Note 2 & Note 8, Sony Tab S
Responding to Hamlet's not-so-gentle reproof in the April B.C. Nominations today!!....

I started G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy (another March nomination) before I started the book ultimately selected, so I'm only about a quarter of the way through but I'm liking it a lot. It's not something I would have ever read w/out a nudge...not sure why because biography/autobiography are two of my favorite catagories; maybe because you've heard about it since grade school and it's just sort of background noise. Reading these two books though I've been able to answer my own question about why I liked A Room With a View so much—why I like Churchill's histories. I'm impressed with a formal writing style! Cormac McCarthy's books have some of this formality.

I am really behind in my reading this month. Too much in the news...Libya, Bahrain, Japan, Egypt...the additions to the crises list just seems to get longer every month.

Plan on adding more when I finish the Autobiography, but it will be tough to top Hamlet's spiffy post!
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote