View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Van Dine, S.S.: The Bishop Murder Case v1.0 2008-02-02

This is the text from Project Gutenberg Australia. I have included :
- page header with the title / author,
- clickable TOC,
- and the illustrations. Where necessary, i rotated them to landscape mode to increase the display size, and since there are several rather detailed maps I have added a numbered legend where the original text is illegible : once on the image (it felt a little like blasphemy, but now you can read it better...) and on one VERY detailed map i added numbers to the image with a legend in the body of the text after the illustration.

I aligned the text to the left with a ragged right margin, since i don't like justified text unless i can manage the kerning and with reflowable text this isn't possible.

This is my first ever (successful) conversion so please let me know if you find any problems !

Summary From Wikepedia :
The Bishop Murder Case (1928), was S. S. Van Dine's fourth mystery novel. In this book, Philo Vance, Van Dine's popular detective character, solves a mystery built around a nursery rhyme. The Bishop Murder Case seems to be not only the first nursery-rhyme mystery book, but the first of any sort of mystery novel constructed around a formal scheme.
This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Van_Dine_SS_The_Bishop_Murder_Case.imp (921.2 KB, 761 views)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-14-2008 at 09:58 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote