View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Well loyalty and tethering is a good reason to sick with a product. The one thing that I would be concerned about is the level if tethering the mobile company will allow. Here in the states Verizon and AT&T charge a premium for that feature, I can't see them giving that away for free.

I was a hardcore BlackBerry user until I bought my wife an android phone, after seeing what they can do, I switched over to android and never looked back. Though I do miss the built in spell checker.

I have an android phone and tether my nook to my phone using android built in WI-FI access point. it maks using the nook very practical and as a result I use my phone much less and carry my nook everywhere.

The point is the 7" form factor is huge and very convenient. It's large enough to read, surf, write documents, yet small enough to be portable and type on. it also allows for a larger battery than a smartphone so the battery life last much longer.

As for advice on an iPad vs. Playbook, I can't give any. I know little about the playbook and care little for the ipad. I will say this, my wife owns an iPad and never leaves home with it. She loves it but it's just too big to carry. Me on the other hand carry my nook everywhere and as a matter of fact wrote this post using it.

One thing I will say about the android platform is that it is on par with apple when it comes to having reading apps I use Moon+ and think it's great. I can't compare it to stanza since I've never used it. Also one of the features that won me over to the android platform wad the ability to change keyboards, I used a keyboard called SlideIT to type this post, The predictive technology of this keyboard enables me to type as fast as if I was using a full keyboard.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 03-22-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Typo
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote