Thread: Audible.com
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone 5, Sony T1, NOOK HD+
Audible.com

I almost posted in General Discussions, but I'm not sure if "audio" is an ebook format or not so I thought it would be safer to post in the Lounge.

I have been considering joining audible.com off and on for several years now, but have always gotten hung up by the "how do I listen to them?" part. Last week I bought a new smartphone and I'm thinking again about signing up. A nice sale posted in the Deals forum doesn't hurt.

My questions:

1. Are there a lot of unabridged books? It seems time everytime I browse, I see more abridged than unabridged in their catalog and I wonder if I'll even find enough books to use my credits. I've read and listened to both abridged and unabridged and have decided that I am not going to settle for shortened versions.

2. If I buy and download the books with my phone, will I still have the option of saving them to my computer or CD or DVD? Can I get them as MP3? It's probably not important, but for some reason I feel like I have to take those steps; I'm always afraid of online providers either going out of business or otherwise preventing me from retreiving content. I have one Sony book that didn't make the transition from LRF to ePub (I don't know why) and if I hadn't downloaded a copy, I would now be without the first book of a five part series. It seems to me MobileRead is a good place to ask this sort of question.

Thanks!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote