View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
Navigation buttons in News items on a Sony PRS-650

I'm not sure where to post this question, so I'll put it here for the moment.

I have Calibre 0.7.50 installed on two different WinXP notebooks. I generally use Calibre to fetch the news, and then transfer the news via a card reader to my SD card using the commands: Save to disk/Save single format to disk/EPUB.

On the first notebook, the files are rendered really nicely, with useful navigation buttons on the bottom of each page: "Article/Section Top/Table of Contents/Article". The news files are also marked as "Periodicals" on the Sony.

On the second notebook, the files aren't rendered as nicely, and the navigation elements (no buttons, just underlined text) appear only at the top of the page at the start/end of each article. Moreover, the news files are not marked as "Periodicals" on the Sony, but rather as "Books".

I would like to have my second notebook also include the convenient navigation buttons and store news files as 'Periodicals', but can't figure out how to do it. I put the computers side-by-side, and went through all the preferences/plug-in options, and they appear to be identical. I figure that somewhere there must be a setting or a preference that I am overlooking ...
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote