This plugin makes use of a feature introduced in Calibre 0.7.49 of allowing books to be temporarily marked
using some criteria and then displayed with a search of marked:true
. This feature is extensively used by the Quality Check
This plugin exposes the same functionality for end-users, to allow you to arbitrarily select books from your library under some criteria, without the "permanence" of applying tags or custom column values. For instance you may be selecting individual books that need editing or you wish to save to disk/send to device, but not actually perform the action straight away. Via a right-click menu or toolbar button you can add books to the marked
list, and display as a search result at any time.
list is cleared either by you selecting the Clear all marked
menu item or as soon as Calibre is restarted, whichever comes first.
Credit for the plugin idea belongs to nickdma, and chaley/Kovid for adding the marked feature.
Main Features of v1.2.2:
- Add/remove selected books to the marked list
- Add/remove books by the selected author(s) to the marked list
- Add/remove books by the selected series to the marked list
- Display the marked list
- Clear the marked list
- Customise with optional keyboard shortcuts
- Click on the toolbar button as an alternative to add to the marked list
- Ctrl+click or Shift+Click on the toolbar button as an alternative to display the marked list
- Requires Calibre v0.8.18 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to context menu or toolbar/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Select the book(s) you wish to temporarily mark for attention
- Click on the toolbar button or menu of Mark selected to add to the marked list
- At any point, Ctrl+click on the toolbar button or click the menu of Show marked to display all the books you have on the list currently
- Click on the Clear marked menu item (or restart Calibre) to clear the list and start again.
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!