View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Including the model is always a good idea, for just the reasons you note.

We've been waiting for a fix for 18 months now, so I fear we're not going to get a "real" one.

Personally, I suspect that the problem could likely be overcome via software, even if something as simple as having the code note when the counter is about to overflow (they ought to know how big it is), store the current date, clear the counter and put the current date back in it as the initial value.

But, hey, what do I know? I just develop applications for a living.

Of course, that assumes a lot about the details of the problem.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote