As of Calibre 0.8.6 this plugin has now been directly integrated into Calibre and the version on this thread is now deprecated. The zip file will be kept below for users with earlier Calibre versions for a short period of time, however there will be no ongoing support for issues that may arise or a guarantee for how long it may continue to work.
This plugin offers a GUI to make it easier for Calibre users to download and install new plugins or updates for any
of the user-developed plugins that are found within this subforum. One to rule them all, so to speak...
Currently all end-user developed plugins are found as zip files attached to forum threads like this one. A sticky index thread
summarises all the plugins available, their latest versions and links to the threads. As plugin developers we update the zip file attached to the first post when we issue a new version, and ensure the index thread is updated by notifying either myself or Kovid.
This plugin removes the need for users to continually visit this subforum just to find plugin updates with the manual download and install steps required. Instead a GUI dialog displays visually for you the current state of the plugins you have installed, with a simple button click to download an update or a new plugin and install it for you.
Main Features of v1.2.5:
- Display a list of all end user plugins available from the plugins index.
- Filterable using a dropdown to show plugins installed needing updates (default) or other criteria.
- Option to open the forum thread for that plugin in a web browser.
- Install or Uninstall plugins from the dialog, automatically downloading the plugin zip file for you as required.
- View version history for a plugin if available
- Enable/disable and configure your installed plugins
- Ctrl-click or shift/click on the Plugin Updater toolbar/menu to default to displaying all plugins rather than just updates available
- Run a check in the background at Calibre startup and every 4 hours, updating the plugin icon/name to show when updates are available for your installed plugins
- Allow users to make donations to the plugin developer
- Requires Calibre v0.7.57 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to toolbar/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!