Thread: Classic Wow, what a nice device!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Assorted Nooks
Wow, what a nice device!

I bought a refurbished Nook WiFi ($99 from B&N eBay) because I thought it would be a nice present for a dear friend who wants a reader. Today it arrived over here (a friend in USA was a middle (wo)man).
One small problem though... I'm not sure I can actually give this baby up! I love it! Not as much as my Sony 350, but almost! The screen is fantastic. I don't have my 350 here right now so I can't compare them side to side, but the Nook screen is really good!
Page turns are really fast, both when using the buttons and when swiping (a thumb swipe works really well the way I like to hold it).
It's such a shame the sideloaded books are treated like like something of less importance and can't be in the cover flow (unless I dare take the plunge to root, haven't checked out what hardware version it is just yet)
This is so much bang for the bucks!
Now I have to decide just how dear my friend is. Since she doesn't know about it and really doesn't "need" it until her summer holiday, maybe I can play with it for a while...

Last edited by Asawi; 03-17-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote