View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:43 AM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook HD+, and Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Look at the advanced epub formatting demo here: http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ormatting-demo

It shows you how to create full screen images, i.e. images that always occupy a "screenfull". It will require some hand editing of the html you get from Word however, and it will not work in MOBI (MOBI has no way to create full screen images).
Ah...hrrm. Okay, I looked at the html source, and I sort of follow it, sort of don't. But I don't really think I want to get myself into a position where, every time I make some small correction to the source doc, I then have to fiddle and tweak the html before I load it into Calibre. That way lies madness.

I was thinking more along the lines of, are there settings I can choose in Calibre's conversion parameters that will make this come out better for general use? And how can I tell what differences to expect if, say, I choose Nook vs Nook Color vs Sony Reader vs Ipad output profile?

Some of this, I'm just now realizing, may be more out of my control that I would like. I'm going to distribute through Kindle, Pubit, and Smashwords, which means the only Epub output I can control is Pubit's. (God only knows what the SW meatgrinder will do to this. But that'll be the source of epubs for Apple, Kobo, and Sony.)

That said, my Kindle and Nook versions will be produced by Calibre, and I do want those to look as good as possible. Is there a difference in output profiles between Nook and Nook Color?
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote