View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Desktop and WiFi update vers. 1.9

I downloaded both the new desktop and wi-fi reader version 1.9 and it's just as confusing as every other time they upgrade with respect to bookmarks.

When I Update Library on the desktop it loads all my books each and every time I click Update Library and it places bookmarks in about half the books and marks New in the other half.

When I sync my ereader it's a mess. I like to keep my new unread books in the I'm Reading list, but now it's full of all my books with various forms of Open, New, incorrect bookmarks, etc.

No amount of playing around will get the desktop and ereader to play nice together.

I wish they would have an option to remove the bookmark function from the desktop completely. It's nothing but a bother to me. I just don't get it I'm afraid.

I do like the the GoTo function to re-establish the bookmark in the reader for the book I'm presently reading, and I like the Close Book function to close all the books that the new desktop messed up and put in my Reading list.

Others may have more luck than me with all this...

How do I get the desktop and reader to match?

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote