This plugin offers a GUI allowing you to quickly create and edit your series column values for your selected books using either drag/drop or keyboard shortcuts. With the current deprecation of various Calibre series metadata sources (except when using the Goodreads metadata plugin) users may find the need for more manual editing of their series information.
It is intended as a convenience alternative to the editing the series column in the library view, where the  square brackets must be very carefully edited within. This can get painfully repetitive particularly for renumbering large series.
You may also find it more convenient than the careful mouse selection ordering required by the bulk metadata edit dialog (which also does not allow for .1 type series values).
Main Features of v1.2.8:
- Supports both the built-in Calibre series column and optional custom series columns.
- Use Alt+Up/Down arrow keys or drag/drop to move books up/down the list.
- Use Alt+Left/Right to change the indent level to number books at .1 or .01 etc, such as when you have related short stories.
- Lock series indexes when renumbering to intentionally allow for gaps with missing books.
- Remove books from the list if they are not to be considered part of the series renumbering.
- Option to add empty books to fill in your series gaps.
- Ability to edit the titles and publication dates.
- Right-click options to sort by original series index, series names or by publication date.
- Right-click options to perform Search the Internet type browser launching to likely useful series information websites, such as FantasticFiction, Goodreads, Google and Wikipedia.
- Requires Calibre v0.8.18 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to context menu or toolbar as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!