View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, Read an E-Book Week has come and gone, and again we've seen a groundswell of support for the ebook, its creators and its consumers.

The ebook phenomenon has changed significantly since Rita first pitched the idea of Read an E-Book Week. The effort to introduce people to and inform them about ebooks has largely passed; Very few don't know about ebooks, or haven't chosen whether or not to read them.

Promotion: Win an E-Ink watch!

The watch contest did well! Most interestingly, I've gotten some very interesting responses for the write-in portion of the contest, asking what people would like to see in the sequel to Verdant Skies. I plan to respond to many of those write-ins, just to acknowledge them, or possibly to discuss their ideas. And I can assure you that some of them are well within the concept of Verdant Skies that they can be used to some extent. I may just ask my readers to give me ideas for all my future books!

Later on Sunday, March 13, I'll take two random names from the list of purchasers and emailers, announce their names, and send them each a watch!

The Future

We're thinking about the future of Read an E-Book Week. When you no longer need to introduce and educate people about ebooks... what should you do next? Rita and I will be mulling that one over through the next year. If you have any thoughts on that score, feel free to write me or Rita and make some suggestions.

We hope you had as much fun as we did!