Thread: 902 Some questions...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #5
Fisch
Fisch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for all your answers! At the end I bought it from www.pocketbookreader.com, it let you use Paypal to buy and everything was smooth. I already received it and I am very satisfied but I also have some new questions:

1) First a very newbie one: where is the internet browser, I really can't find it...

2) I have a "homemade" pdf saved from microsoft office, the original document use a times new roman font and when I open it on a pc with adobe it shows perfectly fine. In the reader, instead, it shows "correctly" with pdfviewer (even if some of the letters are too close to each other which is not optimal...) but with the adobe viewer somehow it is shown with a completely different font almost unreadable. This doesn't happen with any pdf downloaded from the net (even if the letter issues in pdfviewer remain, that's why I prefer ADE as far as now). I know I can simply use the original doc but I would really like to know why this happens (you can find some images of what I mean attached)

3) I know themes does not work yet but is it possible to change off screen and start up image?

4) I setted a "hold ok button" to hide status panel, however, it doesn't work at all in the image viewer and in the pdf viewers or FBreader it hides and reappear right afterwards... why?

5) Does anyone know which is the exact maximum resolution in pdf mode and in the image viewer (considering the status panel)? this would be very helpful for optimal image resizing...

(just to be clear I have already uploaded to 2.04 firmware, even if from a sticker on the box it was supposed to be already loaded)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	68192   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBreader.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	68193   Click image for larger version

Name:	pdfviewer.JPG
Views:	178