View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #1705
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
- As the 350 does not have a SD / MS slot, will it also prevent the scanning of the internal memory? I tend to collect books and the pack the reader pretty full
I'm not absolutely sure, x50 are pretty fast, so scanning of IM shouldn't take to long. But, in earlier version there was a trigger-file ".noscan" which prevents scanning. Maybe this will do the trick.

Quote:
- Is there a base flash for the 350? On the project side of Porkupan I found different "Flash Packages 350", it is what I need? http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...lash_packages/
You should use the lastest version of borodas (1.05k), or amutins Custom-FirmWare (CFW)

Quote:
- What is an "Update Tool ", which is available on Porkupans project page for download? http://projects.mobileread.com/reade.../PRS350/tools/
Not needed if you use the 1.05k package.

Quote:
- IS the "Browse Folder" option like an explorer? Does the Sony Reader software support storage by folders? Or do I get the same as in Calibre, and have to create folders and subfolders with my explorer and then shove them over?
Sony FW reads content in every folder accessible, and sorts them per author, date and title.
With PRS+ browse-folder you can browse a (user created) folder structure in IM or at SD/MS.

Quote:
- How does this infuse warranty, if the reader bricks and you do not have the original software on it?
It may be at problem, but a defective device is seldomly check for a modified FW

Quote:
- If I decide not to change, how do I install other fonts? I'm sure it is described here somewhere else, but when I ask questions anyway ...
You can use calibre to add a custom CSS file into your epubs.
This CSS-file can refer to fonts in /Data/fonts/ which is the folder /fonts/ in IM of your reader.
Use forum-search, as this is described over and over again.

HTH
Mark

Last edited by Mark Nord; 07-22-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote