Thread: Troubleshooting Amazon purchases perpetually PENDING
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I find it extremely puzzling that your purchases aren't showing up in "Your Orders." But the fact that they're all stuck in "Pending" mode doesn't surprise me at all if you have no wireless to connect to.

Normally, you would be able to download them to your PC and manually transfer them to your Kindle via USB by doing the following:

You need to log on to your Amazon's "Manage My Kindle" account and locate your list of purchases. Find the book you want, and on the left-hand side of the page, select "Transfer via computer" from the drop-down box. Then you'll be prompted to select which Kindle (if you have more than one registered) that you want to download it for.

Save the downloaded file to your computer and then copy it to your Kindle's 'Documents' folder (your Kindle will appear just like a flash drive does when you connect it to a PC via USB).

But if you don't see your books in "Your Orders", you're kind of out of luck. You could try purchasing something new and immediately select "transfer via computer" (instead of delivering to your Kindle) and see if that works. Because really... if you have no wireless to connect to, there's no sense in having new books delivered to your WiFi-only Kindle.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote