View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rehorst View Post
As I understand it, the firmware in Kindle is based on unix/linux. The system clock in all unix/linux computers is set to GMT/CUT and the clock display is based on the time zone relative to GMT/CUT. The Kindle may be time stamping files based on the system clock time, not the displayed clock time. If you are on the pacific NW, you are at GMT -8 time zone.

The reason to set the system clock in all unix/linux systems to GMT is to allow easy, accurate comparison of data located in different parts of the world. Small differences in time can make a big difference in some types of financial and legal transactions.
That explanation probably appeases me!

I certainly wouldn't want my One-click to upset the financial world too much by having the wrong time stamp!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote