View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
is that true for EVERY available plugin -i.e. always: to update just use ADD ?
Do you have a situation where that is not working for you? Certainly that has been my experience, and I have done a fair bit of plugin dabbling obviously.

The only scenario I can think to be a potential issue is when the developer starts changing some of the internal name attributes identifying the plugin, which could lead to some orphaning going on. Or they totally rename the plugin - like I have done a couple of times such as when the old add/remove user categories became combined into one.

However in that very unusual case it is up to the developer to advise of the uninstall step required first.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote