View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #33
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
"It crashed and froze..." and... after hooking it up to the PC it was resettable...

Every computer device crashes and freezes at some time... if it can then be reset, what's the problem... did you check the last actions to see what might have caused the problem or did you just tell Waterstones, "It Crashed and froze..." What were they supposed to do... read your mind, look in a crystal ball... usual advice is you may have done something, what exactly was the sequence of events... if you can't help with this then it's a return to manufacturer for them to test/replace.

If you expect perfection then you probably shouldn't use consumer electronics because you won't get it... I spend half my life, when dealing with computer/consumer electronics problems, pinning down what people were or had been doing and most times the answer is, "Nothing," then after two hours of discussion/questions and testing. it turns out that that what happened was... and "Oh, was that important?" which if known would have enabled a 30 sec fix instead of a couple of hours. Book shop staff are not electronics engineers, they're usually trained in the basics of operation and told by manufacturers/suppliers to return items if beyond the obvious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim View Post
I have just had my iRiver for two months, since Christmas 2010 and it CRASHED and FROZE. After ten minutes on the PC it was resetable.
However Waterstones were less than helpful suggesting I caused the problem and that they could only send it to the Manufacturer.
I SHALL NOT be recommending this to any of the Fifto odd family members or any one else.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote