View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Question Anyone tell me what happened please ?

I purchased a book from W H Smith (not my favourite place, their purchasing/despatch etc.. is so clunky, but the tome I wanted was a lot cheaper there so risked it.)

( Which may have no bearing on this at all, I realise. However.......)

My 650 plugged in, books paid for, email recieved , click download. After I eventually get to bit of the site I need, Hit d/load - "into my reader".
And, to my surprise, it does.
I go to my Library, there the book is.

So, I drag and transfer title into Reader as usual, it accepts it, transfer is complete.
I then hit the little arrow by the Reader heading, and luckily look at my reader before I unplug - to see it still says "Do not disconnect" instead of "connected".
I fiddle about a bit, have no success at all in making the warning change .
In the end, I had to close down the PC before it changed status
I unplugged, checked contents, and all OK, book there, Library OK.
Then booted up the PC again.

Now, why wouldn't it go into safe mode to unplug ?
Never done it before, why this time ?
I shall see what happens the next time I put a book on, if it repeats this or not, but I'd appreciate any offers of theories, ideas, etc........
(in hope)
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote