View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:09 AM   #47
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
NOOKcolor games and apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I'm not sure why you're separating the Nook Color community out from other Android devices. All the major Android development sites I've seen have a Nook Color section in the same way they have a section for any other Android device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
No, that is very inaccurate I don't even know where he got this info from, I've never heard of such comments.

Because the nook books off of the SD Micro Card by default it makes bricking the nook virtually impossible. Also developers have created bootable images that auto root your device. It's called autonooter and the process is very easy to do. The hardest part is making a bootable images, and those instructions are in detail.

The nook has proven to be a viable tablet and as such has gotten developers from the market to make updates to their apps to play nice with the nook.

Also here is the dev community to the nook color
http://nookdevs.com/Portal:NookColor
You will see it is quite active, even more so than the cruz, and PocketBook.

=X=
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I was watching Android Atlas on Cnet last night and they made a quick refereance to how the nook color has been like this android community little dream like pet project ( I'm paraphrasing)

it's got quite the cult following from the Android community
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the nook sales where from folks who wanted a cheap tablet.

At work everyone knows I'm an eBook fan over the years I've had one or two folks ask me about my sony/kindle. However when folks heard how I turned the nook into a android tablet. I had several folks come over to check it out.

Kind of funny really, it just shows how viable 7" tablets are.
=X=
Thanks Lemurion, =X=, and boswd.

Ok, I've replaced the "lacks substantial developer community" con with "currently lacks support as shipped from Barnes & Noble for installing new apps." I've also elevated NOOKcolor from "fair" to "good" for the apps and games factor.

What would you say is the best link I could use for installing instructions that I mention in this pro (added for the NOOKcolor regarding apps and games): "Android developer community has produced apps and instructions for installing them."