Users will often have books in their collection for which there is no official cover available to download, such as short fiction and articles. Calibre includes the ability to generate a cover for you from the book metadata. However currently the only control over its appearance it offers is a tweak for the font.
This plugin offers an enhanced alternative that allows you to select from your own choice of cover images and a wide range of layout/appearance options.
Main Features of v1.5.14:
- Add/remove your own images to a list to choose from when you generate
- Option to use the existing book cover as an embedded image
- Control which metadata to display and where it is located on the cover
- Option to swap author name for users who store it in Calibre as LN, FN
- Fine tune many aspects of cover appearance such as fonts, borders, colors and margins
- Save your customised settings under a name to quickly recall multiple different appearances
- Export your settings for sharing and import settings from other users
- Option to use an image as a background rather than a content item
- Option to add custom text to a cover, using Calibre's template language to place your choice of additional data on the cover
- Option to auto-size text to fit on a single line for long text
- Requires Calibre v0.9.5 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to context menu or toolbar/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Select the book(s) you want to generate a cover for, and select the Generate Cover menu option or toolbar button you have configured in step 1. The configuration dialog as per the screenshot will open allowing you to import images and alter appearance.
Sample Cover Settings:
- If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!