Thread: Wikipedia?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
carlb
carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BPDN, Kobo wifi
Cool Your door-to-door encyclopaedia salesperson strikes again...

I've posted another set of encyclopaedia .epub's, this one with 5500 Wikipedia articles which had been distributed on CD as an encyclopaedia for schools in October 2008.

As most images (in whatever size they appeared on the original Wikipedia pages) are retained in this collection, the size of each individual volume appears to be about fifty megabytes... effectively requiring a CD's worth of space to store the full fifteen-volume set (186 MB of text, 430 MB of images).

This makes even this severely-abridged set too large to upload here. As such, I'm back to peddling encyclopaedias door-to-door and am in this fine neighbourhood today:

http://epub.wikipedia.cx

I post the first volume as a sample, absolutely free of charge, at the end of this message as a token of thanks for having heard what I have to offer you today (and, perhaps, because it is the only volume which fit in under this site's 20MB *.epub file size limit).

While this set is not itself a project of the Wikimedia Foundation, it does use content generated by various individual Wikipedia contributors and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License for free use.

I would urge you to go to http://epub.wikipedia.cx today and acquire this fine set of encyclopaedia volumes... that way you may sleep tonight with the security of knowing that your goldfish will not flunk out of their school for a lack of brain food and that their future will be secure. Certainly this would be a bargain at twice the price... but there's more.

This collection will use about two thirds of the memory in a stock Kobo reader, but perhaps I could interest you in this fine microSD card upgrade which would provide your home with enough shelving space to store the information equivalent of three DVD's for about $C30, using components available at any local computer store. *Some assembly required.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Encyclopedia 0-9.epub (16.18 MB, 150 views)

Last edited by carlb; 03-05-2011 at 12:59 AM.
carlb is offline   Reply With Quote