Thread: 3rd edition ???
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
The other possibility is that Apple releases a tablet sized Mac.

Half MacBook Air and half iPod Touch.

Think about it:
*More Mac-like than the iPhone, with large storage, strong processor, and large screen
*the iPhone SDK is coming out end of February, essentially creating a new development platform, based on OSX (making it easy for developers to port existing apps)
iPhone gestures as an interface - image turning a page by swiping your finger across it!
Spotlight search
*OS X already does handwriting recognition with the INK application
Leopard sharing features
*Easy sync through iTunes
Apple's ability to leverage publisher's for content deals

Granted, it would not be eInk based, but it is amazing how readable PDFs are on the tiny iPhone screen, I can only imagine them on a tablet sized device! And a built in backlight makes night reading more convenient as well. I would trade eInk for the advantages of a Mac Tablet.
I think you might be talking about a new model Newton or iNewton
The time might be right.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote