View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Just as you were replying I looked for the last book I was reading before connecting the usb.

Heidegger's Glasses. The MBP file created (is that the sync file) has the time way ahead at: 3:31PM today, Mar 3, and I can assure you that the pacific northWET is still only 8am.

So, I guess that, at least, my k3, is living in a different timezone than its owner, me.

As I mentioned, in the sync thread. I had noticed this in the past but never looked at it that carefully. I don't know if it is always ahead or just sometimes. The k3 does show the correct time when I press Menu. (yes, at times, it has had the wrong time and I correct it manually).

I will disconnect usb and do a sync (I don't read on other devices so sync is not an issue I really worry about.)

How I noticed this in the first place was doing some backups of the k3 and I had noticed that some files were showing times ahead of real time or even dates, if I did this later in the evening. I reflected on it briefly but since the files were being backed up and I had copies, I did not really worry about the issue.

Last edited by FF2; 03-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote