View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
E-ink is grey scale. Color is LCD. Reading for hours on any device is going to hurt your eyes because eyes aren't designed to focus at one distance for hours at a time.

With the phone, try lowering the brightness, going with the sepia background, etc.

I've been reading on the iPad since last summer and do not have any issues but I'm in the habit of getting up once an hour, stretching and doing some distance stuff with my eyes to give them a rest from close up focus.
I was told raising the brightness actually helps, and lowering the brightness is bad because it make you squint.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote