New & in need
I'm trying to root my Craig to have access to the Google market but i'm coming up short. I know theres a thread out there, but i'm killing 2 birds. Intro & help.
I've followed these steps
1) Download the custom ROM here. I'd stay away from the alpha ROM. It works, but getting it on your device takes a few extra steps. The ROM you probably want is this one.
2) Uncompress the file and rename it update.img
3) Go into Settings -> USB Mode. Make sure Host Mode is unchecked.
4) At that point, your computer should recognize it as a drive.
5) Copy that file to the root directory of the device.
6) Unplug the device from the USB cable. At this point, it should start the update process.
7) Once it's done and rebooted, go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.
8) Press Menu > Filter > All
9) Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market
10) Reboot Device
But nothing. Care to explain where the root directory is?