View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaloney View Post
Hi all. I'm just a newbie here, so it's all a bit over my head , but this conversation is very interesting.

I'd like some more info, so I can follow up on what you guys are saying, maybe start reducing all the "gobbledy-gook" I, like ficbot, really HATE to deal with every time I transfer devices/applications.

How do I see/edit "XML declarations" and "meta tags" for html files? Is there a template/help section that might tell me what normal encoding looks like?

And, if I can take a step back, what about getting files into html format in the first place? I know that OpenOffice saves as html, but what about converting other files types, espcially pdf? Adobe Acrobat XPro will save pdf as html but then, of course, you have all that manual editing and coding to do afterwards. Any better ideas?

Thanks very much for sharing your time and experience, everyone!
2 widely different questions.

Sigil is for EPUB OUTPUT.

Sigil is not a converter. (Look at Calibre for that function (along with book management). EPUB is a good input source.).

Sigil has a Metadata Editor. (Press F8), Job partly done (You have to do the difficult part and supply the Data, spelled correctly, too. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote