i know it's better to add screenshots and i will as soon as possible. Just to be clear i'm using the firmware as is with no software added.
On my PB603 to take a note open the book, go to the page you want to take a note from, and simply tap somewhere on the scree and a box with 9 icons inside it will appear. The one in the middle-left is the one to create a note. Tap on it and than drag the pen from the beginning to the end of the text block you want to annotate. As you lift up the pen from the screen, a pop up menu named "Create note" will appear. There are several entries in this menu depending on the software you are using but "Copy as image" is always there.
Something to note is the when you tap on the "Take a note" icon it appears that nothing is happening... your pocketbook is simply waiting for you to highlight the block of text
Let me know if this works or if there are differences in firmwares.
Discovere a way to use buttons instead of pen:
1. when you are on the page, press the OK button: this will show the 9 icons menu
2. choose the "Take a note" icon then press OK button again
3. now a little thin black bar will appear on the top of the screen. This black bar state the beginning of the block you want to became your note. Move it with the up and down buttons and than press OK
4. Now use the up/down button to highlight the area you want to note and press OK
5. Here the pop up menu with "Copy as image" entry will appear. Use up/down buttons to highlight the entry and than press OK