View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #9
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
Quote:
I also bought, with the new computer, a back up hard drive (external), holds 500 gb.
Excellent idea, now make sure you backup regularly.

So, are you saying the Calibre program is on your desktop, or the Calibre library is on the desktop?
Also, is it a shortcut or the actual file?

Quote:
I was hoping to have just one, so I had wondered if I deleted all the books I could have just the one. Thus fix the simple problems at the same time.
Before you delete anything, make sure it is backed up.

Also, you can verify the location of the Calibre library by clicking the triangle to the right of the books icon at the top of the Calibre main screen. Select the triangle and pull down the menu to "Switch/create library...". Then you will see a dialog screen and at the top it says where your library is currently located.
Then you can copy your library to any location and use this same dialog box to select the new location. Once you are running from the new location and you SURE everything is backed up, THEN you can delete the library from its old location.

Try that and come back.
Happy Humpday

Last edited by Archon; 03-02-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote