View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jager31702 View Post
Every single converted file does it regardless of file type. I did a hard reset on my reader once before, but I may give it another try. I went into the preferences as you suggested, but everything was fine. I never altered anything there before. I also just checked my epub files on calibre and they are showing up fine on my pc. Does it make a difference that I did a bulk convert of files instead of an individual convert for each file? If so, I will convert each individually and try that.
It is hard to imagine any way this could be a calibre issue, but I'm willing to inspect a ePub file closer to see if something pops out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jager31702 View Post
I recently set the split size to something ridiculously high, like 6mb so that there shouldn't be an issue.
Set split size (in epub output) back to 260k and leave it alone if you expect any book you convert to epub to work after conversion.

Also after changing this setting select all books, go to edit metadata and remove stored conversion settings from selected books (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	remove conversionsettings.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	67541  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-01-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Removed bogus recommendation based on new info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote