View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1
I guess this leaves Fictionwise with only MultiFormat and small press "Secure" books from now on. Unless RH is planning to still allow retailer-provided coupon discounts on top of their Agency pricing.

And here I'd been saying nice things about them for being a relatively sensible publisher putting up their backlist at reasonable prices and staying away from the Agency costlier-than-paperback/no-further-discount collusion.

Wonder how this will affect their sales, since my pet crackpot hypothesis has been that RH has been experiencing a boost relative to the Agency 5,

a) first for being non-Agency, which counts for something among disgruntled boycotters, and

b) second for having books to which one can apply Fictionwise, Kobo, and the rare Sony coupons to take the cost down further,

thereby making themselves attractive to ebook-buyers on two fronts.

I'm going to be uncharitable and hope that their sales experience a noticeable downward slide. Not enough to seriously hurt their e-book production department, but enough to show that customers prefer publishers whose books they can use coupons on.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote