View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #8427
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1
There was stuff I wanted to do downtown today, but I'm currently snowed in (darn unseasonable weather; normally we get 5 cms of the stuff in December which melts in the afternoon sun/rain) because the ongoing snowfall has shut down transit service to outlying neighbourhoods.

So I'm doing some paper reading: currently on The Folklore of the Discworld by Terry Pratchett & Jacqueline Simpson (updated edition which now also covers Unseen Academicals). It's a fun comparison of Discworld creatures and lore to Roundworld creatures and lore (mainly with a British Isles focus), mostly written by Simpson and quoting heavily (and with an introduction by) from Pratchett rather than any major contribution beyond the obvious from him.

A nice light read*, of which the best line is from the introduction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
... we have included a short reading list, in theory for those readers who would like to know more, but also because people who love books always want to recommend them to other people at the least excuse.
Quoted for truth, and recommended if you like Discworld or folkloric comparisons.

* Complete with footnotes.
ATDrake is online now   Reply With Quote