View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars_G View Post
Hey all.

I'm seeking on a specific type of e-book or information that can be easily made into an e-book format, to give a spin. I'm basically looking for an e-book on schools on philosophy (Existentialism, constructivism, structuralism, etc) what I basically want is this:

* A history on the school of philosophy.
* The basic and maybe not so basic tenents of the school.
* A list of good authors on the school.
* Maybe a few sample works from the school (harder)
* A balanced book not intensely scholar but not banal and oversimplified either.
* If possible, the cheapest the better, my finances are not great right now.

I'm thankful for any and all suggestions, and thanks a lot in advance.
Lars.
I don't know any book or e-book like this, but I can recommend two online resources. You could probably download individual articles or convert them using something like dotEPUB, but I'm not sure you could make an e-book out of them.

Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy

I have used the first one a few times and found it very useful on giving an overview of a school or a philosopher, or a philosophical question. The second one was recommended to me but I haven't used it much so far, but it does look interesting too.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote