View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I was going to say that Pocketbook has a model with text to speech and people seem to like their experiences with Pocketbook.

ETA: I fully understand some peoples desire for TTS on an e-reader. There are many books that do not have an audiobook version. If you drive to work and you want to losten to a book and there is no audiobook then TTS is a good option. I know some folks really don't like it but many do.

TTS is also handy because it tends to change the page automatically as it reads. This works nicely at the gym. People have posted about using TTS with the volume turned down so that they can more safely use treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and the like because they don't have to change the page manually.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 02-25-2011 at 10:54 AM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote