This morning I connected my Kindle (3 WiFi international) to the WiFi to receive my calibre downloaded news, and turned it off after receiving it. Later that day I turn my Kindle on, and it's stuck on the "please wait a moment while your kindle starts up" tree bootup screen, while I like the image, I can't seem to get the device to reboot or continue?
I'm guessing the Kindle 3.1 update was pushed to my device, and it started updating it as soon as I turned my screen off. Strange that it didn't ask me for confirmation..
I was running 3.0.2 (or .1 not sure) and used 0.2 jailbrake and screensaver and font hack. All the post regarding the firmware update mention that you won't experience an problem except to fact that you can't remove the hacks anymore.
What is up with my device? Am I alone with this problem? What should I do? I tried holding the off-button for 15 seconds but nothing happens. When I plug in the power connector the orange light goes one, that's only interaction it offers at the moment.
Looking forward to your tips!
Okay: TL;DR version:
- Kindle 3 WiFi International
- Running 3.0.2 (or .1) jailbroken + font & screensaver hack
- Rebooted after connecting to WiFi (my guess is Kindle 3.1 firmware pushed)
- Stuck in reboot screen: "Please wait a moment while your kindle starts up"
- Hard reset (15s hold on slider) does not work