I get a segmentation fault in two cases.
The first is if I start Calibre if Calibre is already running (on Ubuntu 10.10) - with no message that it's already running. This isn't really an issue, but just pointing it out.
The real issue is if I use my plugin in a certain situation - on both Ubuntu and Windows Vista. Users shouldn't run across this, but I do while testing and its possible that they could come across it if they setup the toolbar icons wrong.
- Load my Create Kindle Collections plugin.
- Add its action to BOTH the device connected toolbar and the device not connected toolbar.
- Connect a Kindle (probably any device for this test)
- Start calibre - and BEFORE the device has a chance to fully connect quickly select the Customize plugin menu entry (or Preview) in the drop down.
- You should get an error that the Kindle is not detected.
- Wait until things settle down and the device is fully connected
- Now click OK on the previous error dialog - Calibre crashes
However, if you click OK just after you get the 'not connected' error dialog and before the device is fully connected, Calibre keeps running ok.