View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 AM   #10
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Years back, when someone first showed me an early e-ink reader, I remember thinking, "that's a nice toy, but at the price, the contrast should be better, and the page turns faster"

When I was visiting a local retailer several months back, I stumbled on the PRS-650 set up on display, and decided to check it out - fully expecting to be underwhelmed again.

Didn't happen. The screen contrast on the PRS-650 is noticeably better, perhaps not quite matching published books on the best glossy magazine stock, but better than typical newspaper quality, matching most paperback books.

The page turns now clip along at two or three pages per second.

The touch screen is AWESOME

I strolled over to casually examine the PRS-650 expecting to move right along, and ended up deciding that I HAD TO HAVE ONE.

If you are reasonably happy with your 505, I expect that you will LOVE either the 650 or 950.
(unless you are just one of those folks who hates dealing with anything different)

Last edited by delphin; 02-22-2011 at 04:47 AM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote