View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
wandalynn
Groupie
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
I wish my nook replacement experience had been that pleasant.

Short version: Bezel cracked, store said 'call 1-800-the book' was on hold so long handset battery croaked. got a new battery, on hold forever. sent in nook and was promised replacement in 10-14 bus days. Actually took almost 6 weeks and that only after 2 calls to CS.

Longer version. Sent in nook, after no replacement w/in 3 weeks called them (on hold forever) was told it had arrived with cracked swipe screen. (I'd mailed it in a cardboard box with layers of bubble wrap) so original warranty didn't apply. Pointed out I'd bought extended warranty. Oh, then we'll start a new claim. They said that the 10-14 day turnaround was still valid as this was a new claim. 2 weeks later I called to find out why no nook. Oh, second claim hadn't been forwarded, we'll get right on it. I did get the nook in about 3 days after that 2nd call.

In the meantime I'd bought a Pandigital Novel and wasn't any too concerned if I ever saw the nook again. If it ever needs replacing I'll not buy another one.

Last edited by wandalynn; 02-21-2011 at 07:35 PM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote